What We Do...
The Rosary Society Fosters Devotion to Mary...
- We honor Mary with the prayer of the Rosary. Rosary members individually strive to pray the Joyful, Sorrowful, Glorious and Luminous Mysteries at least once each week.
- We say the Rosary together before each monthly meeting and at our Spiritual Events.
- We ask Mary’s intercession for the sick and the deceased members of our Society.
- Provide rosaries, coloring books, pamphlets and information on the Rosary at all events
...through prayer and good works...
The Rosary Society promotes good fellowship among the women of the parish, and brings them together in events that are open to all:
- 4 Special Masses during the year, followed by a lovely lunch and an Induction Mass followed by a Communion Brunch
- A Lenten Day of Recollection
- Pilgrimage to a Marian Shrine
- New Members Coffee – an informal way to learn about our group
- The Living Rosary - participants form a human chain or prayer
- Rosary 101, an evening of instruction for those who want to learn how to pray the Rosary
...for causes that would be dear to her heart.
With proceeds from Champions for Charity and our only fundraiser, the Annual Christmas Dinner, the Rosary Society supports the various needs of the parish community by making charitable contributions. Recent recipients include:
St. Mary’s Parish
Caring Hands Foundation
IHM Sisters, Manhasset
IHM Mother House, Scranton, PA
St. Mary's Elementary School
St. Mary's High School